Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

low battery email

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kaycop
Follower
Follower

I am receiving motion detection emails but this weekend at some stage while we were out of town I had two cameras go down (I assume from low batteries).  I cannot figure out from the discussions whether the low battery emails are gone and I need to manually check now (PIA) or just what the heck is going on.  I am very annoyed that I had no notification a) that you weren't going to notify me and that the emails had gone away and b) since you were doing at one time, now I need to take my time to monitor this.  I've just spent 1.5 hours figuring out what was going on, resyncing cameras etc.  Not a happy camper!  (Aside from the fact that I had no protection at the house while gone!)

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

kaycop wrote:

I am receiving motion detection emails but this weekend at some stage while we were out of town I had two cameras go down (I assume from low batteries).  I cannot figure out from the discussions whether the low battery emails are gone and I need to manually check now (PIA) or just what the heck is going on.  I am very annoyed that I had no notification a) that you weren't going to notify me and that the emails had gone away and b) since you were doing at one time, now I need to take my time to monitor this.  I've just spent 1.5 hours figuring out what was going on, resyncing cameras etc.  Not a happy camper!  (Aside from the fact that I had no protection at the house while gone!)

The cameras may have gone down due to the new firmware that was pushed out ( and it was posted as coming )

see ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/IMPORTANT-UPDATE-An-automatic-firmware-update-release...

As to battery emails, to my knowledge, this is still in effect and has not been discontinued.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------