Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera firmware will not update

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Dich
Guide
Guide

The base station is running firmware 1.3.2261. I believe that is the latest and greatest. For some reason I can't get the cameras to update the firmware.

I have tried opening the battery door and removing the batteries for two minutes. I've even tried to re-sync the cameras to the base station after restarting the base station. Nothing seems to work

Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

snip... My cameras are still showing 1.1.2074 software version.

That IS the current camera software... there was a step back from 1.2.2222 due to a programing error in the newer version

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?

Have you verified the 'auto update' switch is toggled on??   If it is, turn it off/on a couple times and leave turned on.

then try to reset the cameras again by opening the door.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-Can-I-Trigger-My-Arlo-System-to-Update-its-...

Dich
Guide
Guide

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this thread. I've been unavailable and just today tried your suggestion. I already had the "Auto Update" toggled on. As you suggested, I turned it off and logged out, logged back in and turned it back on. I did this several times with the same results. My cameras are still showing 1.1.2074 software version.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

snip... My cameras are still showing 1.1.2074 software version.

That IS the current camera software... there was a step back from 1.2.2222 due to a programing error in the newer version

Dich
Guide
Guide

Ahh, Well that answers MY stupid question. Everywhere I looked people were talking abot the 1.2.2222 software version. I would think that the most current software/firmware versions would be posted. Maybe on the Support or Community front web page, I don't know, a suggestion perhaps.

Anyway, thank you for the info.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

no question is stupid... just unknown

Dich
Guide
Guide

Thanks TomMac, well said.

Cdojam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problems. I have a system with the base running 1.4.2695 FW and 2 cameras running 1.2.2688 FW with know problems. i have since purchased 2 more add on cameras. These new cameras are running on 1.1.2074 FW and will not update the firmware. i have tried everything that as been posted on this site with know success. I don't know if these cameras work because of not triggering the cameras while updating firmware. I have nothing to say (LEDS) on the cameras whether the firmware is being updated or not.

PLEASE HELP ME... lol

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Cdojam wrote:

I'm having the same problems. I have a system with the base running 1.4.2695 FW and 2 cameras running 1.2.2688 FW with know problems. i have since purchased 2 more add on cameras. These new cameras are running on 1.1.2074 FW and will not update the firmware. i have tried everything that as been posted on this site with know success. I don't know if these cameras work because of not triggering the cameras while updating firmware. I have nothing to say (LEDS) on the cameras whether the firmware is being updated or not.

Assuming you can already use the cameras to live view ( they are sync'ed )

First, go into settings/base station settings.  Toggle the AUTO UPDATE on and SAVE, Now toggle OFF and SAVE, Now TOGGLE ON again and SAVE.

that makes sure the auto update is really turned on.

Second, get the two new cameras within 10 ft of base  and open the battery door , wait a few seconds, reclose.... they should auto resync ( blue led flash then quickly flashing blue led showing syncing ) do not reopen battery door when any camera leds are flashing.

Third, once all cams are working again, reboot the base via the power button on back.

Forth... WAIT.   It happens during the late night when house-keeping is done by Netgear. If nothing happens in 2 nights, then contact Netgear.

Cdojam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TomMac. Thanks for your quick response to my request for help. I have followed your advice to the letter and the cameras didn't update the firmware when I re-synced them to the base station or when I powered down the system and re-booted using the power button on the back of the base. I also made sure that I turned off the Auto update switch and then on again a couple of times and then finally made sure Auto update was saved in the on position before I started the re-sync . I'm now in the 2 day waiting stage of the procedure. Both of the cameras are within 1'ft of the base station and have the motion turned off.

FINGERS CROSSED..... Many thanks again.......