Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
yadbop
Star
Star

Hi everyone,

Does ARLO have an official page to keep track of firmware updates and changes on the base station and cameras?

I have three Arlo Wire-Free cameras in total.

One camera is Firmware 1.2.2688 

Two other cameras are Firmware 1.2.4941

Why is there a difference? and why can't I update the older 1.2.2688 to latest version? There is no red text that shows up beside it to click on to update.

7 REPLIES 7
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

yadbop wrote:

Does ARLO have an official page to keep track of firmware updates and changes on the base station and cameras?

I have three Arlo Wire-Free cameras in total.

One camera is Firmware 1.2.2688 

Two other cameras are Firmware 1.2.4941

Why is there a difference? and why can't I update the older 1.2.2688 to latest version? There is no red text that shows up beside it to click on to update.

Arlo Release Notes.

Manual updates have been reported to not work well for a few people, including me. The consensus seems to be to just leave it alone. Eventually the firmware will get updated by itself. 

Also, make sure your camera isn't low on batteries. A firmware update will not be conducted on weak batteries, as it usually bricks a camera if power gets cut in the middle of an update. With the new app update that rolled out a few hours ago, you can now check the battery level in percent on a camera's Settings page.

Opening and closing the battery compartment might trigger a firmware update.

meavydev
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a problem which became obvious after the latest Android app update.

One of my cameras seems to be insisting that there is a firmware update 1.2.4941 available, even though it's on the same version as all the others.

I have tried doing the update from the Android app and web page from a Mac and it doesn't do anything, but the false update is stopping me actually viewing the camera from the Android app... I also tried pulling the batteries for 15s and it still insists there is an update available.

Firmware Update Screenshot

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

meavydev,

Consider removing the camera (Log in to your Arlo account > Settings > My Devices > select the affected camera > Remove Device). Once removed, go through the sync process again. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC

meavydev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing and re-adding it has persudaded it that it really didn't need a firmware update. Thanks.

Arkay
Star
Star

I have exactly the same problem. I have 3 cameras at my mum's house (150 miles away) and they are fine on PC, but on Andriod it told me I needed to update firmware. When I pressed update, nothing happened except the camera now does not work. Did you find a working solution, particularly if you can do it remotely because, as I say, I am 150 miles away!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arkay,

I have responded to your post in another thread:

All of your Arlo hardware is running the latest firmware according to what you indicate above. This issue may take more additional troubleshooting to determine why your device is suggesting there is still an update available. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Arkay
Star
Star

JamesC wrote:

Arkay,

I have responded to your post in another thread:

All of your Arlo hardware is running the latest firmware according to what you indicate above. This issue may take more additional troubleshooting to determine why your device is suggesting there is still an update available. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Hello all

Tech support where also unable to find a solution even though we tried lost of things, one camera would still not work on Android.

However, by chance, I appear to have solved it and can possibly tell you why Netgear products do not always work with Android. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL ANDROID USERS WHO HAVE PROBLEMS.

All Android products have Google Play TV & Movies installed as part of their package of products. I have never used this app and so decided to disable it (you cannot uninstall it as Google owns Android and won't allow removal).

As soon as I disabled Google Play TV & Movies, the camera starting working. Whilst this does not explain why the other cameras have always continued to work, it might explain why Netgear has so many problems with Android.

I suugest the technical guys at Netgear need to address the conflict between Netgear / Android / Google TV & Movies to stop these frequent blogs - and I have told them what I have found.