Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
GoneHammie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Around 245 this morning, some one was knocking on my front door. I pulled up the Arlo app to find that the camera didn't record anyone/person dum enough to wake me. My camera settings are armed but I can't figure out why it wasn't recorded. Any advice?
7 REPLIES 7
GoneHammie
Aspirant
Aspirant
*dumb It's 359 and my dog refuses to let me sleep. I apologize for any grammatical errors this early in the morning.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess it's possible the person didn't knock on the door but something else?  In any case, test motion detection yourself at various times and settings to ensure you get a recording.  You don't need to wait till 2:45Am - just total darkness should be fine.  You may find that you need to create additional custom modes for different times and then schedule them.

GoneHammie
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I have it set on Armed will it record any and all movement without having to set a schedule?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you edit your camera Rules for Armed and set the motion sensitivity to 100 for them all (and save the change of course), they will record everything but you may get a lot of false activations and your batteries will drain very fast.

What I suggest to people is that they set their sensitivity to 100 to start with and turn it down 1 every time they get a false triggering within say half an hour of a previous one. This will allow you to get down to a level that's low on false triggers but captures everything you need to be recorded. It can take a while to fine tune each camera to its position

northwestwelch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can walk or drive by the camera 15 times,,,and it may only record once or twice. also, it does not always trigger at the same spot.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

first question would be... at what distance from the cam.?

Also what sensitivity setting and are you walking across cam or towards cam?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A screenshot of the camera view may be helpful, too.