Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
dhu1223
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having trouble with the arlo cameras. One camera can only detect motion but can not record sometimes. Half of the time I will get notification from my iphone saysing that arlo detects motion but can't see the recorded video. It has been like this for a few days. Before that, the camera worked well. I have only got these for about 2 weeks. This shouldn't be a setting issue as the other half time the camer can still record. Would someone help me please? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
TheRealDeal
Guide
Guide

dhu, many are having the same issue. Take a look at the posts under "Firmware base 1.4.2627 & Camera 1.2.2545 is really Buggy" and post your comments there so we are all on the same page in regards to this issue. I started seeing the same issue on Saturday morning after having the recording work flawlessly before that.

dhu1223
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TheRealDeal,

Thanks for letting know about the other post. I have also reported my issue there. It's good to know that's not a hardware problem. Hopefully netgare can look into it and take care of this quickly. 

cwrw79
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras are not recording. I can see them activate with motion but not record.

What is wrong? HOw do I fix this?

JTurcic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing this problem as well.  One one of my cameras, that used to record several recordings a day, I now get motion detection alerts, but no recordings.  All of my cameras are on the same version:

Version
Hardware H7
Firmware 1.2.2688

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cwrw79, JTurcic

What browser/app are you using when you notice this behavior? Do the recordings never appear or are they delayed?

JamesC

JTurcic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using the iOS app, IE and Chrome browsers.

Iget a motion detection, and settings are to record a 30 sec clip.  The motion icon turns yellow.  The recordings never appear.

Itbehook
Guide
Guide
I've had the same problem with my android app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been issues with videos not showing up right away in the library.  Do they show up, perhaps many hours later? If you get email notifications, can you click the link and see your video?  If you don't use the email notifications, consider turning them on so you have immediate access for the time being.

JTurcic
Aspirant
Aspirant

At the time I reported this, the videos never showed up.

Strangely, this problem has since resolved itself.  Videos show up a few seconds after the notifications.  If this happens again, I'll enable email notifications.  I just find it strange that it happens on only one of my four cameras though.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC