Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera batteries draining fast

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edmo7510
Follower
Follower

I have recently started to replace the batteries more frequently, upon my purchase it said recommended batteries could last for up to 6 months. We do not have a lot of activity in the area and have had the system for about 3 years but for some reason I have change them more often than ever.
I changed them two weeks ago and they already need changing.!
Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edmo7510 wrote:
I have recently started to replace the batteries more frequently, upon my purchase it said recommended batteries could last for up to 6 months. We do not have a lot of activity in the area and have had the system for about 3 years but for some reason I have change them more often than ever.
I changed them two weeks ago and they already need changing.!

Maybe look into rechargable batteries to keep the cost down.

There have been other reports here about this, and it is possible that something changed in the firmware that might be linked to your problem.  

1. Are you seeing more recordings than before? 
  2. How about more lost connections or corrupted video?  If the cameras lose touch with the base, they will look for it - which can use battery quickly.

Note that if you use activity zones, there can be more streaming than you realize.  So you could delete the zones, and see how many recordings you get without them.