Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BBB-FAB
Guide
Guide

I am following up on this thread that is now locked:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Chrome-is-ending-support-for-Adobe-Flash-Player/td-p/1716919/page...

I am aware of the reported changes to the online Arlo program that, as I understand it, no longer needs Flash to operate.   While it was a nuisance to always have tell Chrome to let the program work, at least before I could indeed get it to work.   Since the change I cannot get any cameras to work via a web browser.  I have tried Chrome and IE both and the behavior is the same.   Everything appears as it always has,  but upon clicking the 'LIVE' button on a given camera,  it displays 'Please wait...' and never brings back the live camera feed.   I have tried everything I can think of,  incognito browsers, rebooting devices (including bases station) nothing helps.   I have 100mb up & down internet speed,  its not the connection.  I know for certain the cameras and base station themselves are working as I can access all cameras just fine on my iPhone 8 just like I always have, but I cannot get ANY web browser to serve up live camera feed.   

FWIW I have had these cameras for many, many years,  this all started with the new 'non Flash' release.

Im just about to chunk these things into the dumpster,  but figured Id give one more hail-mary post and see if you any of you other bright persons know what the problem is. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested here with Chrome on W10 and it's working fine. Sounds like somehow it's a local issue. Sorry, no suggestions from me since you seem to have tried everything.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Another user recently reported similar issues with a browser and its associated apps.

They discovered this by launching the browser is "safe" mode. No news yet as to which app was causing the grief.

You may not find it any consolation, but this is the first message I have seen of any Flash withdrawal symptoms.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
CarlthompsonG
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is sad that Flash player support is going to end in the December 2020. Adobe Flash Player has played a leadership role in advancing interactivity and creative content – from video, to games for a very long time. But over the time browser vendors(Chrome, Edge, Firefox Etc.) are integrating new plugins like HTML5 , WebGL, WebAssembly which have more capabilities and functionalities then the flash plugin.So that’s why Adobe is planning to end of life flash player from all the platforms like Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla.

You can use this trick to enable flash player on your chrome browser permanently.

Go in to windows registry by typing Regedit in windows search.

Follow the trail

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\GOOGLE\CHROME
THEN ADD A NEW KEY " PluginsAllowedForUrls" in Chrome by right clicking on it.
Then add a new String "1"
Then Double click on the string that you named "1" and Put : [ https://* ] in Value data. (Without Braces)

Source : FlashPlayerFAQ

Then it flash should be allowed for all websites