Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One Account with a Primary User and a Grant Access User Issue. Getting asked to add devices.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
LazyLakeLife
Follower
Follower

I have one Arlo account with a user name and password.  Under that account, I granted access to one person with a different user name and password.  This worked great for years with both being able to see the video.  For some reason, the person granted access can see the cameras which is great while the primary person on the account is asked to add devices to the mobile device (which just began to happen after about 4 years).  Are there any ideas how I can get the primary user to see the devices which can be seen by the person granted access?  The primary user has an iPhone and the person granted access has a Samsung.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jameshunt82
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Guru.

She has access now. We had to restart both our apps , but the email did not say anything more than account set up There was no link to accept invitation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey LakeLazyLife,

Could you provide a screenshot that shows where it is asking you to add devices to the mobile device?

Jameshunt82
Initiate
Initiate
Hi I’m just after help!

I can’t add my wife to the system. I’ve tried inviting over and and over . It just sends an email asking to set up account (she’s done this) but no access invitation.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That email should have more instructions than just setting up the account but if you have granted her access she should be able to see the cameras just by logging in. Can you post the email for us to see (after getting rid of any personal details)?

Jameshunt82
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Guru.

She has access now. We had to restart both our apps , but the email did not say anything more than account set up There was no link to accept invitation.