Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bought Arlo cameras less than a month ago. Supplied batteries are fully discharged after 3 weeks

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arianepo
Follower
Follower

Less than a month ago I bought Arlo cameras. The supplied batteries are fully discharged after 3 weeks. They normally have a lifespan of six months. The cameras are switched off and one times a day consultated. Who knows what to do?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What camera models did you purchase?  The original wire-free that uses CR123 batteries or one of the newer models with rechargeable?

Battery life depends on how much video your cameras are recording.  If you are turning off the base station and leaving the cameras turned on,  then you are hurting your battery life - not helping it.  The cameras will end up continually looking for the base station.

I've never had mine last 6 months - generally I am seeing 4-5 weeks.  If yours are triggering more often, then 3 weeks is certainly plausible. 

If you are using the wire-free then I recommend getting the rechargable Tenergy setup that's compatible with Arlo.  It will pay back fairly quickly.