Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rustydogg
Guide
Guide

Greetings Community,

Why does my bluetooth stream stop when I go to live view on my Iphone, IOS10 using the ARLO App?

How do I fix this?? Very annoying.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rustydogg,

More details on what you are trying to do would help us better understand the issue. What bluetooth stream are you referring to?

JamesC

Rustydogg
Guide
Guide

Apologies for delay. I don't get email notifications for some reason.....

While playing music from my Iphone 6, using either the native Music player or any other 3rd party app (eg: amazon, rhapsody...) via bluetooth to an external audio source (eg: car, bluetooth speaker) and then access the Arlo app the bluetooth stream is interupted. The music will stop playing as if put on pause. I don't mean just opening the Arlo app, I am referring to using the functions like live view or Library footage.  Happens 100% of the time. 

Rustydogg
Guide
Guide

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I have tried on 3 other devices and arlo apps owned by different people and it does the same thing.

Rustydogg
Guide
Guide

Anyone from Arlo have input on this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rustydogg,

Many of the newest Arlo products have audio capability (Arlo Pro, Arlo Q/Q+). This may be why the audio from other running applications is silenced when using the Arlo mobile app. This doesn't seem to be an unexpected or unintended behavior. I will escalate your inquiry for further clarification.

JamesC