Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jacked on battery usage now after update.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not like the batteries don't cost enough already, but some brilliant developer decided to jack us on the battery usage and disable the cameras when we still have a month left of juice.

WTF? And what hill of beans does it matter to Arlo if our batteries get the most out of their time?😑

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry but your not really clear... esp since this is the Q section which don't use batteries.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry.  It is a wireless camera...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

no problem...just exactly are you having a problem with tho... Battery going quickly or the camera saying its almost when they are still good?

Morse is faster than texting!
missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

Thank you for responding.  It is the camera not working when the batteries are still good.  Prior to the recent app update, I could use the batteries until they were completely depleted.  I know I still had at least 2-3 more weeks of usage out of the batteries, but was forced to buy new ones.

Yes. I did all of the yatty, yatty...Restarted the Arlo system, resynced, powered down the computer...you name it.

Just some up upgrade guru, didn't take into consideration of the cost of the batteries and how much usage one person might stilll get out of them.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

missearl,

What is indicating that the batteries are not completely depleted at the time the app is indicating that they are?

JamesC