Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery usage - one battery at a time

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Maseratimaniac
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same issue in 4 Arlo wireless cameras and feel others should be aware of only to save money on batteries.
When the battery notification shows low battery level (i.e. 3% remaining) I take the batteries out and check them on a tester, each time only one battery is depleted and the other 3 are still on approx 80% power. Moving the batteries around or just replacing the depleted one then shows the camera battery level to be back to 75%+.
By testing each individual battery I have made significant cost savings as I have had to purchase less replacements.
Has anyone else experienced this?
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you may have a Hardware issue ( tho I find it very odd you would see this in all 4 cameras at the same time )

The cameras use 2 sets of 2 cells. ( set to lens side, other set to rear of camera )... these pairs swap back and forth as the cells are draining to make both sets evenly drain.... that one cell would be that much lower that the other in the pair is strange as they are in series ( 2 cells in series, both sets in parallel )

First thing I would check is the new cells with a voltmeter... new OEM cells should be 3.2v when new

I would also contact Support ( bottom of page ) and put in a trouble report to them and see if they have a better answer.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------