Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Alison00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought my Arlo today... about 5 hours ago.  The battery life is less than half now.  
This is with the batteries it came with today.  I had set it from the get-go to Optimize battery life rather than video, and with the mode disarmed (after an inital 10 minutes of frustrating alerts).  I watched in Live Mode for less than 10 minutes total in short spurts.

My other camera (which was used equally as much) shows full battery remaining.

Is something wrong with my camera?  Batteries?  Battery Life Indicator?  My reading has lead me to believe I should get 3-6 months out of these batteries.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Other than possible bad batteries ( which has happened in past ), battery life is really depenant on usage.

Recording and live viewing use the most power , spec time is aprox 4-5 mins per day ( which may seem small but easy to do once your system is set up ). So heavy usage can drain batteries fast.

My Arlo cameras with normal use run 3-4 months and my VERY low usage of maybe a min or two per week run 7 months.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Another possibility is that a battery is stuck down. Since these cameras use the batteries as 2 sets of 2 (front and rear), having one stuck down halves the battery capacity. To prevent this, reseat the batteries but don't push them down - let the battery door do the pushing. Do you suddenly have much more battery percentage?

Alison00
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great ! I will try that (though it did start out ok... maybe something happened
Alison00
Aspirant
Aspirant
So far so good! It says full again! 🙂

Thank you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed.