Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
carly
Star
Star

From 6.22.2015

The battery level gauge has three bars but skips the middle bar as battery drains. The first camera batteries only lasted two months and went from three bars to one(red) and saying only 5% remains, this happened over night. The second camera batteries lasted about four months and again went from three bars down to one bar over night, skipping the middle bar. Both cameras are up to date with firmware.

Today
Third camera same thing. Yesterday showed three bars on the battery gauge and this morning the batteries are dead. Very frustrating because these cameras are in a weekend home over an hour away. We just left and the batteries showed full charge. I would have changed them if they showed one or two bars while we where there. I did not record or view live video on this camera over night so I know that did not drain the batteries. An issue that needs to be fixed!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that everything is on the latest firmware - 1.4.2695 for the base and 1.2.2688 for the cameras.  That may be the issue to get the gauge to work.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention what types of batteries ... OEM??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
carly
Star
Star

Thank you but all firmware is up to date.

carly
Star
Star

I am using the batteries that came with the camera, Energizer 123 lithium.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would contact Netgear and ( if their not reading this ) and put in a trouble ticket.

It may be a bug of the latest sw that got thru without being noticed... the only way to make sure it's looked at is if people make a complaint.

As to you usage in the meanwhile, I'd recommend keeping track of your avg battery usage so you have an aprox date when they need to be changed out and not to left high/dry while away.

I add the date to the end of camera name so I know when last they were changed.

Morse is faster than texting!