Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
WWLightning
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased 3 arlo cameras and added them to my Pro base, total of 5 cameras all together now.  When getting them out of the box, it appeared that they may have been returned to the store at one point.  No big deal as long as all works fine.  Batteries were at about 95%, energizer batteries.  Fine.  After about 2 weeks, one camera showed the batteries at 22%, while the others were still in the 90's%.  It has been getting cold at night, around 28*F or so, so I figured that the cold was taking a toll on them.  Today, temps dropped to around 15.  Now all 3 of the reg cameras are showing 100% battery.   I have rechargables on the way.  BUT, what is going on here???

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had a low battery in one camera that was at 16% yesterday and is now 32%.  I don't track firmware versions and when they update but I _think_ an update was pushed overnight. Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

Arlo wireless camera - 1.2.10342

Arlo Pro camera - 1.090.0.0_9945

Pro base - 1.8.2.4_10232

Arlo base - 1.8.1.1_10234

WWLightning
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would agree.  My 3 cameras were updated, not sure when but it is logical that it was very recent.  Not sure how battery life changes like that though...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

WWLightning wrote:

I would agree.  My 3 cameras were updated, not sure when but it is logical that it was very recent.  Not sure how battery life changes like that though...

Not that the actual battery life changed... but how the sw reads the voltage to determine the levels changed

( battery stayed the same, battery icon levels / % readings changed only )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
WWLightning
Aspirant
Aspirant

So now, one of my cameras that used to read 100% after the revision update, now read 19%, and it isn't the one that read 22% the other day.  That one still reads in the high 90's%.  Something isn't right here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Power cycle the base. Open and close battery doors as needed.
WWLightning
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok..I can see possibly cycling the base but the battery doors as needed???   Really?   Is this system that unreliable?  I mean, usually cameras are not at arms reach and not everyone lives in the south where it doesn't get snowy and icy.   Has to be a better solution.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not usually necessary but can be a useful troubleshooting step.  There's no other way to reset a flaky caamera.