Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera are not recording automatically or sending notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mkojok
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Q, working totally fine. I have connected two Arlo Wifi Free to the Base Station and can view live footage and also manually record videos and view in Library but cannot get the cameras to record on own when detecting motion and sending either text or email notfication . i have switched all one via each camera in Mode and still not working. I have seen some problems with this online one year ago but not seeing anything else that can assist, which i haven't tried already. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cam is really separate from the Arlos tho they will appear in the same program...

So, In the Arlo, you should have the two default modes ARMED and DISARMED.

In Arlo, set the ARMED mode

Go to Live View screen after , and look at the running man icon... they should be Black.  Black shows the motion detect is armed, if Gray it is off.

If the running man is Black but your not getting motion activated recordings on the cameras, check the sense levels in the Armed Mode.. it defaults to 80% but I've found closer to 90% works better.

PS.... the Q cam will work thru glass, The Arlo camera WILL NOT ( just in case ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Mkojok
Aspirant
Aspirant

unfortunately in Live View they are Black, i put the motion sensor to 100% and still no recordings or notifications.

I have tried Motion Detection Test and also not working

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd reset the camera using the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber.  Resync it.  If it still doesn't work, swap at the store if within the return time or open a case using the Contact Support at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx