Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
paintguy
Star
Star
Today I had some issues with getting my cameras to show the live stream, it was saying I had 4 cameras viewing live. I ended up turning the base unit off and on. After that I did that I noticed that one battery indicator shows 1 bar and is red. Is was fully green 30 minutes before that.

6 REPLIES 6
beachbumdb
Star
Star

I have the same problem.  Just got the system today and set it up by 2pm.  Its now 10:30pm and the camera that was outside now has one bar and red.  Camera inside still full and green.  I brought the outside camera inside to see if that makes a difference.  These are new batteries This shouldnt be happening.

beachbumdb
Star
Star

I brought the camera inside.  Checked and our outside temp here in Ohio was 14 degrees.  Opened the battery compartment and took batteries out and put back in.  Reading changed from one bar and red to two bars and green.  Also saw on another post on battery useage here that it seems to be a problem related to temperature and a misreading of battery power (software problem).   Netgear responded that their engineers are working on a fix for it.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks Beachbumb,

That's exactly right! We are currently working to resolve this issue and hope to complete our testing in the very near future to be released t production shortly thereafter.

We will post an announcement once the firmware update has been released and is available for download. If you haven't done so already (and for the benefit of other posters) please enable "Auto Update FW" under base station settings.

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

hi i have the same problem, brand new purchase, the battery indicator changed from 3 green bars to 1 red bar. I have 3 cameras but the problem is only on 1 of them. What is the solution please.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the firmware is up to date. Try fresh batteries.

nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

i have taken support advice and placed 3 cameras next to the base station and i have selected auto update firmware. the firmware is supposed to update between 3am and 5 am but it did not update. So i have unselected auto update and have tried to manually update the firmware on the base station settings by clicking to the right of the firmware release version number, i press update and nothing happens.Currently my 3 battery indicators are jumping around all over the place at the moment i have 3 green bars but a few days ago i had 1 red bar and the batteries are the same. When i remove the batteries and put the same ones back in then the 3 green bars return.