Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I've purchased an Arlo 4 camera set.  I've seen battery life reviews that are all over the map, from 1 week to 4 months.

Can I get a feel for what other's experiences are with battery life?

82 REPLIES 82
CGReed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every time there has been an upgrade the battery life is affested. After one upgrade earlier this year the battery lif worked great. They lasted more than a month. After the last few upgrades the battery life last for maybe a weekk or less.Recording maybe a dozen 11 second videos. It goes from 100% to 19% to 5% to zero in one day. Instead of replacing them I remove the batterie and immediately replace them in different slots. Battery Life goes back up to 8 or 9% and in a day it is back to zero.

After going though this through 4 or 5 battery changes I bought a charger and rechargeable ones. Same experience. Hopefully I might save a little battery expense with these.

Frustrating is the unreliabilty of the system.

Jowilson1970
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone know why my batteries on two cameras would deplete when motion is not activated? My front porch and French doors (located in my bedroom) both had new batteries installed and were only in active mode for 2 days. There is NO activity when I'm gone (unless someone were to break in) on the French door cameras. Also I have noticed that several time the camera in the bedroom lights blink randomly when motion is turned off. I checked my Arlo app and it shows That motion is off? This last go around, new batteries were installed, I was gone 3 days, no videos were recorded during my away time and when I'm home I turn the camera toward a blank wall. I did a check and 2 of my 4 cameras have dead batteries. I have 4 in total, all batteries were changed at the same time and two are full charge 2 are depleted. Thoughts????
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Deleting the cameras and resyncing might be a good first step.  If still an issue, open a case with support.

CGReed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your respose. I will try that.

My camera is outside and the batteries drain very fast in cold weather.

Eng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had an Arlo for less than a month, indoors with minimal activity like 3 minutes when the system randomly arms itself. WiFi connectivity is excellent.

Batteries are now fully drained 😞 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Arming is a function of the mode selected or the schedule used. What do you mean by arming?

Battery drain like that may mean WiFi is being interfered with. Are there any 2.4GHz wireless devices near the base?
Eng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.

I have the system set to Geolocation the system has armed itself when the mobile phine is within a few feet of the base unit.

There are no other 2.4G wireless devices near the base unit.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

GF seems to like using at least the medium setting for location - too small can cause issues.  Also, the location services of the phone can be an issue, such as using a setting that can be lost (GPS when indoors may not work).

It might be worth disabling all devices used in the GF settings and then enable again.