Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Drained after 2 months, not much motion and recording detected

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
korn_bo2
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I recently replaced my arlo batteries with energizer CR123, all original ones and purchased from a hardware shop here in Sydney.  I noticed that my battery after 2 months is almost drained or about to go into low battery.

I'm pretty sure there was not a lot of motion detection or recordings during this period.  Is this an issue or anything I can check? Has anyone encountered this issue before?  

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Live viewing also gets in there - do you use it much?  The other likely candidate is WiFi strength and/or interference.  How's the signal strength percentage in Settings, My Devices?  Are there other 2.4GHz devices nearby ( wireless phones, microwave ovens, neighbors' equipment, etc.)?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned, more than one thing can effect battery life....

There are also three settings for batteries... Best video, Optimized, and Best Battery  will / can make a little difference.

Live view and recording use the same power... detection mode little and sleep mode ( off) almost none.

But remember, that to reach the life mentioned with battereis, the spec usage is < 5 mins per day.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------