Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Mwright91
Initiate
Initiate

I placed brand new batteries in all my cameras only 3 weeks ago. One unit is already in the red, the other three are showing a reduction in battery life.  I have trouble shooted with Arlo level 1 tech support. No luck. Swapped batteries in cameras to confirm drain of batterys. The rep stated that they are working on firmware for the product. Any ideas? The cameras maybe record one 30 second video a week, if that. I view them live for maybe 5 minutes total a week.

On a side note, I noticed that one of the cameras night senors kicked on despite being in the "all motion off" mode.

4 REPLIES 4
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

With that type of usage you should not be experiencing battery drain. You may simply be experiencing bad batteries or bad battery reporting from the cameras. Try:

1- changing to fresh batteries 

2- make sure your camera firmware is the latest version 12668

as a side note this system did have battery reporting issues with some older firmware versions. Batteries were showing wear but really were not. Even with the improved firmware the battery level reporting on this system stinks. My advise would be to disregard the battery levels until the truly die. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

"On a side note, I noticed that one of the cameras night senors kicked on despite being in the "all motion off" mode."

Have had this occurr with one of my cams too... no video recorded, just the IR clicked on. Motion sensor was active while ALL OFF.

Checked other cams and they were normal, reset cam by opeing battery door for a few secs and all fine after.

Just prob a tiny bug/glitch, didn't toggle off from command.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor

I just started having this problem with an outside camera. Changed the batteries and they drain within 48 hours even with all recording turned off! So thinking it was a weather issue I removed the device from the system brought it inside, changed the batteries again and re-installed the camera to the system, I left it inside with no recording turn on. It drained the batteries again. I even went into the settings and turned the camera off and it still drains the battery?  I have already had to replace one camera due to the RED video issue now this? Starting to think these aren't what they are played up to be?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frank121,

It could be an issue with the camera if you had the same behavior even when moving the camera inside. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC