Outside mount issue VMA1000

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pcs0snq
Guide
Guide

The outdoor mount that came with my new system Model VMA1000 has a design defect or manufacturing issue.  I have an open case on this now. The issue is you can't attache to the camera because the threads are not long enough to attached with more than one thread on the screw. It's a mechanical issue.

This is what I just update on the open Support Case # 27556904

"The mount part number is VMA1000, not VBM3000 as you had listed. I have no clue what a VBM3000 is. 

In the 2 pictures i sent, you will see with the white round plastic locking nut fully screwed down and only 3 threads in the screw exposed to screw into the camera. If you look at the cameras receiving hole, the metal thread part,  this screws into, is recessed by enough that at best only one thread can be used. This is not usable. A reasonable design with have at least 4 to 5 threads engaged.

The White plastic nut has to be shorter (to expose more threads) or the metal screw longer.

Please findarlo VMA1000 defect pic 1 of 2.jpgarlo VMA1000 defect pic 2 of 2.jpg one that does not have this issue and rush it to me so I can mount my camera outside."

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcs0snq,

The plastic white piece on the threading can be tightened to expose more threading on the screw. It looks like from the picture you have provided that it could be loose, which is why less threads are available. When fully tightened 4-5 threads should be available.

JamesC

pcs0snq
Guide
Guide

JamesC

No that is not the case. The plastic nut was screwed down as far as it would go.

Can you open a VMS3230 as sold by Costco and take a picture of what I'm showing and describing?

There's no question about what I have tried to describe

JamesC wrote:

pcs0snq,

The plastic white piece on the threading can be tightened to expose more threading on the screw. It looks like from the picture you have provided that it could be loose, which is why less threads are available. When fully tightened 4-5 threads should be available.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcs0snq,

Below is a picture of the threading along with a camera attached to the mount. When fully tightened, 4/5 threads should be visible allowing the camera to be securely screwed on to the mount. If you believe your mount to be defective, I encourage you to work with the Arlo Support Team via the case you mention above to further investigate.

pcs0snq
Guide
Guide

OK Thanks for the pic. Yours def has more exposed threads then mine. Take a look at the image I and the thread shaft end. Look how it is different then yours. Mine looks to have some manufacturing issue and chopped off funny.

It's not clear how I can get a warranty replacement.  Can you send me one?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcs0snq,

This would have to be determined by the Arlo Support Team through your case. I encourage you continue working with the support team to arrive at a resolution.

JamesC

pcs0snq
Guide
Guide

I recieved this email Sunday

Reminder about your NETGEAR support case #27556904

Dear Valued Customer,

With regards to your recent case opened with NETGEAR, we have not received a response from you. Please note that this case will be closed in 3 days if we do not receive a response from you by then. To continue troubleshooting this matter, please login to my.netgear.com and update your case (for tickets opened online) or contact us by phone. The expert currently handling this case will typically respond to your message within one business day.

Thanks, NETGEAR Support

Sadly nobody from Netgear responded to my replacement request.

I took me no less than 15 min to find your call in number of 408 638 3750, but I did and called on this case today. Case 27556904 

I was told it will be escalated and I should expect a call in 24 hrs.

My fall back option is to take it all down and return it to Costco and then turn right around and buy a new one.

Seems like a huge waste so hope this is resolved in a more intelligent way, by just rushing me one that is verified GOOD.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcs0snq,

I have requested an update on your open support cases. I encourage you to continue working with the support team to arrive at a resolution.

Thank you,

JamesC