Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Drain With Arlo Camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nousernamehere
Follower
Follower

I have been using VMC3030 cameras for more than 2 years maybe and having the battery drain issue like many others. The firmware version is the latest one I suppose (1.2.21616) and although they are even disarmed usually, a full new set of batteries drain so quickly every time I install them.

I have changed the location of the cameras, installed new batteries but nothing changed. I am using the cameras indoors and all of them are within 15 feet range of the base station probably.

Checked the possible solutions, tried using the old set of batteries (some of which have worked) or changed the location of the cameras, removed them, reinstalled them all from the beginning including the base station etc but the problem still exists. I have 4 cameras and I even can not make one of them work for more than a day; every time I buy new batteries, it drains so quickly without being armed at all.

Thanks for the advices, if any.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

nousernamehere,

What batteries are you using with your cameras? I see you mention using an "old set" of batteries that worked? Also, What do you mean when you say you can not get one of the cameras to work for more than a day? is that camera battery drain related or is it going offline?