Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera That NEVER Updates (An Ongoing Mystery)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wsomar
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo camera that has never updated its software. It is part of a three-camera setup and has been installed for a long time. (well over 1 year, maybe 2) Its software version is 1.2.2688 while the other two cameras are on version 1.2.21616. This is the original version it shipped with when I purchased the system. It has strong signal and in fact is the closest to the base of all three. I have tried placing it near the base with new batteries and all the usual best practices. Upon update failure, the software reports that the camera "refused the update." 

The camera works as expected - no issues - but it has never updated firmware. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Strange but if it works fine, perhaps it's better to leave well enough alone. Other than that, you could get support to look at the back end settings for you

wsomar
Tutor
Tutor

The only impact is that the "Watch Live" option for that camera does not appear on the app, because in its place is a green dialog box informing me that the camera needs an update. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your Internet speeds as measured by speedtest.net? A slow connection can cause this.

wsomar
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for replying. Download is 120 Mbps and upload is 12 Mbps.

I don't think that's the problem, however, because I have two other cameras that update just fine. Any internet latency is upstream of the Arlo base station and would affect all cameras alike. Downstream, communication is via wifi signal from base to camera so, again, internet would not be a factor.
-Will
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. That usually helps.