Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

internet light solid amber on base station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Newportconvent
Follower
Follower

We re in a school and currently trying to connect arlo. The internet light is solid amber everything is properly connected. i ve tried it on my wifi at home and it works perfectly. i ve asked our internet provider can they open up the relevant ports 80 and 443. they have done so but they say the arlo is not showing a static ip address and that's why the arlo is not working. can anyone help before i send it back?

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Newportconvent,

If you are seeing a solid amber internet light, it means you are connected to your router but it does not have any internet connection. Make sure that your router is showing that it has internet connection. You can read more here about what the LED lights represent on your base station: What do the LEDs on my Arlo or Arlo Pro base station mean?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also be aware that manu businesses and, I presume, schools have firewall configurations limiting access to certain sites or types of activity. I'd bet that you're running into that. You'll need to chat with IT about allowing access to arlo.netgear.com on ports 80, 123 and 443.