Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Brands

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
paintguy
Star
Star
Has anyone tried different brands of batteries for the low battery indicator issue?
2 REPLIES 2
meatwagon
Guide
Guide

I started with Duracell Lithium and they maybe lasted 2-3 weeks. Keep in mind that it has been in the single digits and very cold here in my neck of the woods.

Just purchased the brand Surefire and am trying these out. They are 3V 1300mAh and should last longer in colder climates.

I have not been brave enough to try the rechargeable batteries.

Will report back once I use the Surefire's a little more.

Meatwagon

denva
Initiate
Initiate

Batteries are almost dead after the first week, although we did use them a lot more than 4min a day, just in setting them up.  I was suprised they shipped the cameras with standard CR123A batteries.  Maybe it's like a starter ink cartridge on printers?

Ordered Surefire CR123A lithium batteries, direct from manufacturer to avoid getting old batteries on Amazon.

Will see how well they last in the coming weeks.

Something I recently realized is that I should click the pause button on the camera to stop the feeds when I'm done.

Not sure if exiting the app, or website automatically pauses them.

Honestly, the Vuezone camera app/website were just so easy, and focused on preserving battery life.

You should have started there, and added features.  Not start completely over with the Arlo app/website...

Still love the cameras...