Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera seems to have stopped working.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rmb82
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the system and installed it and was very happy with it. I recently changed the batteries in one of my cameras, and have noticed that it has stopped picking up video's while indicating a full battery. This is a camera that the days after I changed the batteries picked up around 200 clips, then I had none all day today which is strange especially seeing as to how busy the street in front of my house is. I am curious what is causing the camera to not work as effectively as it has in the past?

2 REPLIES 2
rmb82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting enough the camera started to work again today, but does not seem to pick up quite as much as it has in the past. I do not know if this is due to my inverting of the cameras, or something else with the camera. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rmb82 wrote:

Interesting enough the camera started to work again today, but does not seem to pick up quite as much as it has in the past. I do not know if this is due to my inverting of the cameras, or something else with the camera. 

If you inverted the camera, you also inverted the sensor for motion... yes, this could change how it "sees" to detect.

Try and re-adjust the cameras a bit , maybe lowering the view by a very small bit and retesting.

Also a simple test is to put the camera BACK the way it was and sees if it improves/act like in the past... A battery change alone shouldn't change the function of camera as mauch as you stated.

PS also check on the camera s/w version ( under settings, pick camera, near bottom of page ) latest version is now V 1.1.2074

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------