Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bill7337
Guide
Guide

I have had my system for nearly a year and have a total of 4 cameras and the base station.  I have tried all kinds of rechargeable batteries, including those recommended for the Arlo system.  None of them last for longer than 2 days.  The indoor cameras last for 3 days and no longer.  What can I do to make these batteries last longer and still have the security of the cameras?  

I sure hope there is an answer to this problem as it is a really troublesome to have to keep changing and rechargeing the batteries so frequently.  If I was to take a weeks vacation I would have not camera coverage for 5 of the 7 days after spending several hundred dollars on this system.  Help.

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

i use the Tenergy gold colored 3.7v and do heavy recording, 25-35 x 120sec recording yet I still get 2-3 weeks off a charge  (also hourly brief live viewing)

To only get 2 days how many, how long recording as well as how much live viewing are you doing?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PS to above,

OEM cells last almost 4 months  in my usage.....rechargeables run almost 2.

What amount of viewing and recording are you doing?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
fototx
Star
Star

Wow, your spending a fortune on batteries!   Tell us your viewing habits.

FYI.  My batteries in my 5 arlo wireless cameras read about 65% almost 6 months in to their replacement.

During this time, I was mostly gone, system was always armed and my viewing habits were 1-2x per day for about 10-20s along with a dozen or so false alarms. Camera set for optimized and those using night vision exibit more battery drain, as expected.  

Ive been very pleased with the battery performance. Using Duracel Ultra Lithiums here.  Generally 1 fresh set per year for me.

Scott