Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloEqualsFraud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries dont last a month, much less a year. Connections dropped constantly and reconnecting is ridiculously time consuming and requires physical interaction with each camera. Paid subscription, but support chat app said my account was not eligible for an answer about the camera that won't go into connection mode and bricked after less than 90 days. Phone support does not speak intelligible English. Only way to cancel freezes up, thus no way to cancel. This could not be a more obvious scam. Wish I'd seen TrustPilot before I gave these con artists any money.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The symptoms you're describing point to a connectivity issue with the camera. This could be due to interference at the cameras location, or the distance between the router/base station is too far.

What does the signal strength icon show for the camera? If you move the camera close to the router/base station temporarily as a test, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

ArloEqualsFraud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lmao. 2 days for a response. No, it is not connectivity, it is a bad product with fraudulent sales claims, and I sure hope you're working on my refund, because I am certainly working on the initial motion and discovery demands for the lawsuit. Your product is junk - check the internet, or this very "community." These problems are not limited in scope, or unknown, they are widespread and prevalent. I want my money back. If I do not get my money back, I will take that as acknowledgment that your company are indeed thieves and frauds, and I will move forward with litigation.

The fact that THIS is the only "customer service"  your junk firm provides is really telling. And I LOVE how your in-app "support" does nothing more than tell me I don't qualify because I need a subscription (even though I'm subscribed), and the app FREEZES when someone tries to use it to cancel, and it's THE ONLY WAY TO CANCEL. Of course, reporting your bnilling as fraudulent should work too, eh? Indeed, I need to go back and dispute every charge on my card from you scam scum. Too bad I bough the cameras at a retailer, or those would be easily reversible too...

tl;dr: stop lying, the game is over. Send me my money back, ALL of it, or get ready to send your attorney(s) up to bum**bleep** MI to defend your obviously fraudulent business practices.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated the details of your concern posted here to the care team. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

ArloEqualsFraud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lmao. You're WAY late on "customer care." I already replaced your cams with Ring cams (WAY better hardware, software, and support on day one, and no real price difference, I wish to hell I hadn't believed all the paid reviews you guys bought. Threw your junk down my stairs, can't sell it to another sucker, because unlike you, I have ethics, so all your hardware must be treated as the actual trash that it is.

So - you can refund my money, or not, that's your choice. If not, I will petition the courts in my local jurisdiction for redress. Pretty easy to demonstrate your fraudulent claims to a jury. Hell, an ambitious attorney has a good opportunity for a class action suit, as I'm certain your fraud has had widespread effects. Really, the most just outcome would be a class action suit that puts your company in the ground.