Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries need replaced after 3 weeks of use following purchase

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GDS13
Follower
Follower

I have the latest firmware installed and only got 3 weeks of use out of 2 of 4 cameras.    The Netgear indicated that you should get about 3 months of use out of the batteries -- I would say that it somewhere where the camera is triggered once every few days and not at the front door of your house which is triggered 4-5 times per day.

Anyone have any ideas why the batteries only lasted 3 weeks?   I can reduce the recording time by 60% so that should extend the battery life by a proportional amount.

Given the 2 cameras with low batteries is located where I get the most activity outside the house,  I suspect the recording time is the culprit.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Spec usage is 4 mins per day at optimized video settings.

Running under best video quality and < spec use, I get  4 months  ( up to 7 months on very lightly used cameras )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tulley
Apprentice
Apprentice
What are our thoughts on signal strangth? I moved my hub closer to all my cameras to get full reception thinking this would help battery life and image quality....but perhaps just the later point.

Make sure you adjust the sensitivity to a level where it only picks up what you want. I was initially recording 3 times as much due to cats and seemingly nothing at all.

You could always rig up a power supply to the main culprit if you are happy with its location
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Image quality will not improve due to signal quality/distance.  In the digital world things either transfer at original quality or they don't....they won't degrade.