Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 Camera Down To 1% In Less Than 12 Hours

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

So somehow one camera drained it's battery overnight in less than 12 hours. It was not left running and did not record ANY motion during this period. Is the camera defective or is it possible the update caused a problem with this one camera ? Kinda annoying as these batteries aren't cheap and I now either have to exchange the whole system or purchase 4 new batteries and hope it doesn't happen again.

This is what the image looks like now on that camera. Is that due to the low battery or is the camera truely defective ?

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/76562EEF9238D645

8 REPLIES 8
laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @AnthonyArmato,

Your cameras certainly should not have drained overnight, and it sounds like the camera may have been old older firmware where we had mis-reported battery life issues. The current firmware version for Arlo cameras is 1.2.22412. A one time power cycle may be needed by opening and closing the battery compartment door to clear the inaccurate value. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

In regards to the pink tint on your camera, this is camera image distortion and is not expected behavior. Please reset your camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. This should alleviate the tinting issue, but if it does not, please let us know and we may need to open a Support case. 

I look forward to your next update!

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

That did fix the color issue but the battery level remained the same (Red).

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Today, my image is back to the red coloring again !

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @AnthonyArmato,

Thank you for the update. I will send you a private shortly so we can take the next steps. 

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Okay, thanks.

Laynigirl
Tutor
Tutor
We purchased a four camera system and one add on camera yesterday. One camera has been pink since install I have tried the reset procedure mentioned above still red.
Hofmannpj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Red tint on one camera
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hofmannpj,

Please contact the  Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC