Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Gettin ready for a long winters nap but Base Sation not connected to the internet!!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

Last night I was Gettin ready for a long winters nap and was turning on the cameras, but I couldn't, as the Base Sation said it was not connected to the internet. So I go look at the base station and all (3) indicator lights are green. I refresh the browser, no good!!! I try my cell phone app, no good!!! I restart the base station, no good, I reboot the gateway and the base station 3 - times and nothing!!! I finally have to get some sleep, so I go to bed without my Arlo system working!!! I wake this morning figuring I need to do some troubleshooting and everything is working!!!

What's the deal Arlo???

You've replaced my base station and eveything has worked just fine!!! With the replacement of my base station, my previous problems with wifi camera connections went away, proving all along I had a faulty base station. I haven't had to use my range extender, that I purchased because of the faulty original base station at all, since you sent the replacement.

Since I haven't had any issues for quite some time and haven't been on the forum, I notice that Arlo, is now using my troubleshooting expertise with wifi reception for Arlo frontline support. While that's neither here nor there, even though I was poo pooed, for my conclusion that the base station's wifi antenna was weak and that the communication between the base station and the camera's, is the weakest link, your use of my base station wifi reception troubleshooting step by step solution, is my vindication and for all you people out there, having issues with the base station wifi, you can look at all my previous posts.

Now, let's get to the bottom of the base station lying to me, with the green idicator light saying it's connected to the internet, when the android app and all the browsers say it isn't???

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC wrote:

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC

Thanks James, I know y'all are busy and you've got a tough job bein on the front lines an all, but with something like an outage, that affects more than a few people, by the looks of the forum, wouldn't it be in Arlo's best intereest to post a notice on the forum, or send an e-mail, so that us dummies out here might have a clue as to what's going on, so that we wouldn't stay up all night troubleshooting???  Just a thought!!!