Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries changed now camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
longedge
Guide
Guide

I have a single camera setup. I got an email to say the camera batteries were going flat so I have bought more and put some new ones in. The camera now absolutely refuses to re-sync. I have 1. powered down the router. 2. Reset the router by pressing the reset button. 3. Logged in to my account and from there re-booted the router. It is detected and connected. My account shows it with all the correct settings e.g. time-zone. I'm happy that is working as it should.

When I try to sync my camera I first press the sync button on the router. The camera light on the router flashes and I then press the sync button on the camera and the blue light on the camera flashes.

What happens now varies. Sometimes the camera light flashes orange. Sometimes the camera light flashes and stays blue but then goes out. The end result is that the camera is not detected and in my account it shows as "Your device is not connected."

I don't know what to try now???

31 REPLIES 31
BetsyBrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here, all 3 camera's worked and synced, then the batteries went dead in one (new out of the box), and upon replacement, the same camera will not sync.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure the batteries are good.  What do the LEDs flash on both the camera and base?  Make sure you're not holding the sync button on the base too long - only 2-ish seconds.  Worst case, note your settings and modes/rules and try a factory reset.

Holbrookbon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem and went thru the same steps. Who can I talk to and also get a replacement camera?
longedge
Guide
Guide

Total nightmare when they start going wrong. I'm in the UK and bought mine from Maplins who are totally brilliant when it comes to refunds. I got my money back on the whole kit and caboodle!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Current process is to use the sync button for only a brief press (<1 second).

For support, using the big Support link at the top of these pages is a good place to start.
Teri4740
Aspirant
Aspirant

My single camera suddenly went offline last night. I followed all the steps here, and nothing worked.

I removed the camera, per one post, now I can't add it back because ot won't sync at all.

Guess I have an autistic camera, gonna order a new one from Amazon to try one more time.

I like the system when it works, but when it doesn't it is horrible.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Teri4740,

This could be due to depleted batteries. Consider a fresh set of batteries for the problem camera and try again. Do you get the same behavior?

JamesC