Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Anyone use VHB adhesive locks (e.g. fridge door locks) to secure outside Arlo cams?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just recently purchased an Arlo Pro - looking to semi-secure mount outside.

I have used these fridge door locks and found them essentially impossible to remove once stuck.  I was wondering if anyone has tried using something like these and stuck it to the side of an Arlo camera - whether it would securely stick, sufficient to stymie non-pro attempts to steal? Obviously would need to trim them a bit to fit the side of the Arlo...

Thought this would be an easy way to secure to something with a cable and lock.....

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would use either one way bolts with tether into the threaded hole or a camera mount with security screws on the lock downs.

They can steal anything, it's really just a matter of making it inconvenient or a pain to remove

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for your reply.  I looked into the screws/security screws, etc... but can't someone with a pair of pliers simply hold the screw and then turn the Arlo to remove it?

At least with these, they'd have to basically pull very hard to try to peel it away......  I think trimmed they'd even fit under the skins.......

Granted a pair of bolt/chain cutters would make all this moot...but we all know this is to deter the common thief, not someone planning ahead....

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I've have wired camera pulled off mounts in brick walls... You just have to do your best when mounting.

IMO out of reach is the first step, cages, tethers, solid camera mounts all part of prevention

Just remember , you have to change the batteries now and then.

Try it and let us know how well it works

Morse is faster than texting!