Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Batteries and Charger for Arlo? issue with web client on imac, Arlo Go in France?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Vidocq78
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I installed a base station with 4 Arlos (1 basement, 3 outside) connected + 1 Arlo Q (inside).

We control (3 of us) on our Iphones (geoloc) and on Ipads & Imac.

So far, no issue but "arlo.netgear.com" sometimes quite unstable on Imac (loss of connection).

On top of this issue, I wonder up to how many cams I can connect to the basic station?

Also, do you provide batteries (& charger) for Arlo basic cams?

Finally, I wish to protect an aircraft stored away, is the cam Arlo Go working with any 4G network (I am in France)?

Regards, Vidocq78.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Vidocq78 wrote:

So far, no issue but "arlo.netgear.com" sometimes quite unstable on Imac (loss of connection).

Can't explain.  May be your Internet connection, your computer or the phase of the moon.

On top of this issue, I wonder up to how many cams I can connect to the basic station?

Up to 15 cameras on one base station but still only 5 streaming at one time.

Also, do you provide batteries (& charger) for Arlo basic cams?

Depending on what's available in your country (France in this case), Netgear has certified a Tenergy battery and charger.  This has been a problem outside of the US so consider other quality 3.7v rechargeables that have protection built into the battery to prevent overcharging and over-current situations. Others may be able to suggest a solution known to exist in your country.  Just be sure to NOT use use eBay batteries rated above 700-800mAH since they're bogus.

Finally, I wish to protect an aircraft stored away, is the cam Arlo Go working with any 4G network (I am in France)?

No.  Some folks have had success trading SIM cards and making it work but I have no details on this.  You can try searching the Go section to see if you can locate a thread to give you some ideas.  However, you're on your own if you try this.