Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MarkHayman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I've just taken delivery today but have just realised that the cameras need to connect to the basestation and not via wireless. My router is installed in my garage (now an office) and the wall thickness prevents a decent signal getting through to the rest of the house. I have hardwired most rooms and have wireless access points fitted. My question is... can I connect the basestation to a switch in my lounge that is hardwired back to the router, or does it have to be installed directly in to a port in the router? I won't start taking things out of the box in case I have to send it back. Thank you very much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

. can I connect the basestation to a switch in my lounge that is hardwired back to the router, or does it have to be installed directly in to a port in the router?

It can be connected to a remote hardwired switch via the 6ft ethernet cable supplied...  or can work with extenders as long as they have an ethernet port....

As long as the base has internet access your G2G.

Nice thing BTW , since you have multi hardwired location AND number of bases don't count, you could use more than one base to maximize your house coverage.

Sycning the closest cameras to each base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

. can I connect the basestation to a switch in my lounge that is hardwired back to the router, or does it have to be installed directly in to a port in the router?

It can be connected to a remote hardwired switch via the 6ft ethernet cable supplied...  or can work with extenders as long as they have an ethernet port....

As long as the base has internet access your G2G.

Nice thing BTW , since you have multi hardwired location AND number of bases don't count, you could use more than one base to maximize your house coverage.

Sycning the closest cameras to each base.

Morse is faster than texting!
MarkHayman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect, thanks for your help mate.