Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rembrandt8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi everyone,

I've had this system for months when one day the base lost connection. I've reset it, delete the app and reinstalled multiple times. The app states the base is offline. The base has solid green power, solid green that sometimes blinks internet (firmware update?) but when I try to resync the cameras I get a blinking internet and USB. The cameras blink blue. The base is connected to the router by the Ethernet cable. I appreciate any suggestions or solutions you may have. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rembrandt8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brilliant! Now why didn't I think of that... The solution was to DELETE EVERYTHING FIRST and then START FRESH (over) just like you would do setting it up when taking it out of the box, following the app step by step. The key word that helped me realize what I was doing wrong was to use the ADD DEVICE button. I was skipping steps...trying to reset the base with the cameras still on the app created an amber light. That's why it wasn't working... Anyway, everything is back up and running except one of the cameras night vision isn't working now. I'm gonna have to check into that. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Without the cameras, the base should not be offline, especially with a green power and green internet light. When you say you've reset it, has that been the full factory reset?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rembrandt8 wrote:
The base has solid green power, solid green that sometimes blinks internet (firmware update?) but when I try to resync the cameras I get a blinking internet and USB.

The Internet blinks with server access - it's the new normal.

When syncing the camras, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.  The blinking USB indicates you're holding it down.

Rembrandt8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sure, I'm only pressing in the reset button with a paper clip in back of the base. I haven't had any luck pushing in the sync button with the reset button at the same time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Syncing doesn't use the reset button, only the sync button. Resetting uses only the reset button. Since you're pressing the reset button, make sure you hold it until the base LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Start fresh using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.
Rembrandt8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brilliant! Now why didn't I think of that... The solution was to DELETE EVERYTHING FIRST and then START FRESH (over) just like you would do setting it up when taking it out of the box, following the app step by step. The key word that helped me realize what I was doing wrong was to use the ADD DEVICE button. I was skipping steps...trying to reset the base with the cameras still on the app created an amber light. That's why it wasn't working... Anyway, everything is back up and running except one of the cameras night vision isn't working now. I'm gonna have to check into that. Thanks for the help!