Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera won't sync

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
pam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera won't sync, can someone tell me which lights should be on on the NETGEAR modem. I only have two coming on. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power and Internet LEDs should be green.  If not, nothing is going to work.  What do you see?

pam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - both those lights are on - but none of the others.

Pam

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't asy if they are green - amber is an issue.

Assuming the left two LEDs, power and Internet, are green, the next step is to briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.  When the base LED is flashing, press the sync button on the camera.  That should start the camera LED to slowly blink blue until it syncs, shown by rapid blue flashes, or it doesn't sync, shown by amber flashes.  What happens when you try?

pam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, the two left buttons are green, pressing the sync button on the base makes the third light flash but no response on the camera when sync button pressed. Sorry for delay in reply, base station is in an outhouse which is sometimes not accessible because of work going on in our drive.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the batteries are dead.  It would be useful to check them with a voltmeter - dead is ~2.75-2.8 volts.  If they read higher than that, perhaps they're not making contact with the battery door properly.  Simply place the batteries in their slots - don't push them down.  Let the battery door do the work. When the door is closed, you should see the LED flash blue as it wakes up and connects to the base. Is that what you see?  Does it connect to the base or at least allow you to sync?

AngieC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. It shows 3 cameras offline. I removed one and tried to add it back it just keeps blinking amber

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing? Did you happen to hold the base sysnc button when trying to sync?  If so, don't.  Just briefly press the button and then press the camera button.

MThomasB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having problems syncing camera with base station. Installed fresh batteries when notified 15% remaining power and told to replace. Pressed sync button on base and on camera. No recognition by base. Tried many times over two days without success. Did notice internet light on base blinking periodically but not sure why as base is wired to the Frontier modem. Such blinking a new issue not had before
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

New firmware introduced the blinking Internet LED to alert to network traffic.

I've never had to sync a camera after changing batteries. When the battery door was closed, the camera would blink blue rapidly as it reconnected to the base. If needed, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.  A power cycle of the base may help, too.