Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station will not switch on. Tried unplugging Base, router, and modem.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Yiouli1987_
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station will not switch on. We have tried everything.
We have unplugged the base from the wall , unplugged the router, unplugged the modem
Plug in modem and waited till it came back
Plugged in router and wait till it came back
Plug in the Base again and NOTHING!!!
We would appreciate if someone can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you aren't seeing any lights when you apply power, then there's clearly something wrong with the base station itself - no reason to mess with the router or modem in that case.

Maybe check the warranty status first (generally 1 year from date of purchase).

Have you tried a hard-reset? ( https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values ).  If that brings it back to life, you will need to re-sync the cameras and set it up again.

Also, it could be the power adapter.  You can likely find a compatible one if you look.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you aren't seeing any lights when you apply power, then there's clearly something wrong with the base station itself - no reason to mess with the router or modem in that case.

Maybe check the warranty status first (generally 1 year from date of purchase).

Have you tried a hard-reset? ( https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values ).  If that brings it back to life, you will need to re-sync the cameras and set it up again.

Also, it could be the power adapter.  You can likely find a compatible one if you look.

Yiouli1987_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much! We will try changing the adaptor and i hope it works. We bought the arlo system only two months ago!

Yiouli1987_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much! You have been very helpful, the problem was the power adapter!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Yiouli1987_ wrote:
Thank you so much! You have been very helpful, the problem was the power adapter!!

Great!  The adapter should be covered by the warranty, so maybe contact support and ask for a replacement.