Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras won’t connect after changing batteries

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Petter_M
Tutor
Tutor
I bought the Arlo kit with a base station with 2 wireless cameras early 2019. It all worked so well so I got another kit, exactly the same, on sale adding two more cameras. Everything worked perfectly until I needed to change batteries, around May this year. I got new batteries, with the “Works with Arlo” sticker on and changed it all. After this I have had some real issues. I only got 2 cameras to connect and work but for a limited time, maybe just a week and it was battery low again. With new batteries I tried again but this time I haven’t gotten any camera to connect.

I’ve read all the community help texts I can find but nothing have helped. I’ve done all the restarts of routers etc., removed and added cameras and base station. I even tried the left over base station that I got but nothing works...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like your using third party batteries.... “Works with Arlo”

some batteries just don't work properly esp with the original Arlo HD cameras.

So, what did you buy? ,  what are the type and model and voltage of batteries ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

also verify the cells were installed correctly  ( common mistake, and the camera can function if one set put in wrong )

20170414_074533.jpg

Petter_M
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply @TomMac I used GP batteries , 3V and 1400mAh the first time, worked just a week after some real issues getting them connected. The second time I tried Varta 3V, 1430mAh without any success. Really careful to put them right though.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

both of those should work... maybe a day or so in the long run time.

Looks more like an issue in the fw update then... contact Arlo ?

Petter_M
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks, good to know! I actually tried my friends batteries (has the exact same kit) and it did not work. I checked and when I try to connect it says the hub has the latest fw.. Have not contacted Arlo yet but will now! Thanks for your help!
Petter_M
Tutor
Tutor
Update: Problem solved! We have a new house with built in LAN-sockets in each room. I used one of these to connect the hub to the router, and it worked great in the beginning. However while troubleshooting, after trying all and then some, I tried to connect the hub directly to the router and everything is working fine again!
esunic63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unplug the router and the arlo station. Wait a few seconds then reconnect. Worked for me.