Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JodiMcFadden
Follower
Follower
Base station not connecting to internet. Do I have to do installation process all over with cameras, ect. ??
8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

With the base station plugged in and turned on, what LED lights are on and what colors are they?

Vich
Aspirant
Aspirant
same here
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reply with the answer to the question before your post. We can't do jack without details.

Klahmstyle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly, the base station seemingly got stuck in getting information mode and then it went offline. After multiple restarts, the following lights display: power (green), internet (orange), sync status (green). 

chench
Aspirant
Aspirant

ME TOO!  I have Green Amber Green  No internet connection but everything else in the house has internet connection and Arlo is plugged into the modem directly.  UPDATE - I did a power reboot and resynced the cameras and I am back up.

"When all else fails, reboot!"

dfish17
Initiate
Initiate

My base station will not connect to the internet out of the box. The device is showing up on my router list of disconnected devices, but it won't allow an internet connection. 

I can connect a laptop to the router using the same cable so I know it's not a port issue. 

Very frustrating for a brand new system to not be able to connect.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

dfish17 wrote:

My base station will not connect to the internet out of the box. The device is showing up on my router list of disconnected devices, but it won't allow an internet connection. 

I can connect a laptop to the router using the same cable so I know it's not a port issue. 

Very frustrating for a brand new system to not be able to connect.

It probably is a port issue. Your laptop probably only needs port 80 to get internet access but the Arlo needs ports 80, 123, 443

dfish17
Initiate
Initiate

This was a port issue. I needed to setup port forwarding for my base station on 80, 123 and 443. My base station was showing up as a non-connected device on my router. Once I opened those ports I was able to connect and sync my cameras.