Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Today I went to check my cameras and saw the overly common “ not connected to internet” message. Normally after 4 years of this garbage system I would not be concerned. Usually a simple power down and up with solve the issue. This time is different. After several reboot attempts all I get is an amber power light. It makes no attempt to cycle through. Any thought ? Is it finally dead? Is there a different restart procedure?
Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You try removing the base from the account, and then reset it using this procedure: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

Then add the base back.

atistailor
Aspirant
Aspirant

does not work. terrible product 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi atistailor,

Could you clarify what problems you're having with your Arlo product?

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The problem is very simple. The unit jumped off line 3 days ago. A fairly normal occurrence but never for this long. I have done all the normal reset attempts as well as rebooting my internet and router a dozen time. Changed Ethernet cable, plugged into a different power outlet and tried it on another router. Maybe this system finally put itself out of its misery.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Showguy,

If resetting your Base Station did not solve the issue, I would suggest to contact the Support Team so they can look into this further. You can find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
So here is the resolve. After spending an hour on the phone with customer service and heading the usual “ reboot the base”, move away from any other wireless device” BLA BAL I determined based on the fact that the base would never power past the power light that the base was dead. So before walking my 10 camera $1,700 investment to the garbage pail I started to research replacement bases. I found on Amazon an Arlo VMB3500-100NAS. It’s the size of 2 stacked hockey pucks. Paid $59 bucks and received it next day. Boots right up, reinstalled 10 cameras and it works. The lag time in live view is reduced dramatically. The library view and alerts are lightning fast. Only 3 days but no offline issues. Stay tuned.