Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
St0ner
Guide
Guide

Base unit is connected and working properly when using the phone app.  Camera images can be seen and saved vids can also be seen.  From the computer however, camreas cannot be seen and base station reports as offline.  From the computer the saved images can be selected, viewed, and deleted.

Base and cameras have been restarted, resynced, and reset many times.  Arlo, phone and computer use the same router/modem and there are no issues with connectivity.  Using Chrome.

56 REPLIES 56
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh. Maybe a Flash issue since they all use different installations? Check to see if you have the latest for IE. Chrome has it built-in so verify you have the latest Chrome installed. I'm using W10 and Chrome with no issues (haven't checked IE, Edge and FF lately).

JimBlu
Guide
Guide

Anti virus  was blocking cameras.

Open BitDefender Anti-Virus
- Go to Web Protection
- Go to SSL blocker and disable that option under Web Protection
- Cameras should be viewable after the changes on Bit-defender is applied

Donald10
Aspirant
Aspirant
hello,

I'm have a problem, my base station led's suggest the base station is online and cameras synced. However, I can't view the cameras on the app and the base station shows as been offline... Strange thing is that the camera is still recording to the calendar view. When I try to view the cameras live it just shows a green box with the message that the device is off line... Ie I am unable to see a live view possible.

I've reset everything you can think of, used every type and version of browser. Changed batteries and kept the camera in the same room as the base station..... No luck!

Please help,

Donald
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the app on 3/4G or used a different WiFi network?  Maybe it's something about your router settings that's blocking Netgear servers.

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I am using Safari with preferences set to allow pop-ups etc. Still no image available from my cameras except through my iPAd and iPhones. I have also tried Chrome and Firefox with the same results. When I first installed the unit, I had no problem. Any solutions yet?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daddio1954,

Some users have had issues when running virus protection software/mal ware protection (example: BitDefender)

Disable any you may have and try again. Also be sure flash is enabled and up to date with the latest version.

JamesC

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, but this did not work. I appreciate all of your ideas and suggestions. At some point I am sure the answer will be found.

Spoiler