Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Abmay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have just installed the Arlo wire free and am very impressed so far.

Could some one please tell me what are the 5 Icons on the base station ?

I know some were on when installing  but cannot understand the Icons.

Does anything show on the base station which looks like a screen?  Hope this doesn't sound to stupid. A 75 + user.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Abmay,

The base station manages the communication between the Arlo cameras and the cloud (where the cameras store recorded content). 

Page 15 of the Quick Start Guide also defines the Base Station LED behaviors as described above by Schorschi.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you experience any addition issues in the future. We would be happy to help!

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Abmay wrote:

Have just installed the Arlo wire free and am very impressed so far.

Could some one please tell me what are the 5 Icons on the base station ?

I know some were on when installing  but cannot understand the Icons.

Does anything show on the base station which looks like a screen?  Hope this doesn't sound to stupid. A 75 + user.

Leftmost LED is on/off light. Second from the left is showing green when Internet connection to cloud has been established successfully. Third light is green when at least one camera has been synchronized with the base station. Don't know what the other two are for. The last is obviously a USB symbol, but the USB port does not serve any function for the end-user (at least not at this time).

During normal operation you'll see the leftmost three lights solid green. The third light will blink after you've pressed the Sync button on the side of the base station. Any other color or off on those three means something is wrong.

Abmay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Is is a shame that the purpose of the Base Station is not explained in the setup.

We thought that it may have been some kind of screen because of the way it was packaged with

plastic over the base station face?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Abmay,

The base station manages the communication between the Arlo cameras and the cloud (where the cameras store recorded content). 

Page 15 of the Quick Start Guide also defines the Base Station LED behaviors as described above by Schorschi.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you experience any addition issues in the future. We would be happy to help!

JamesC

Abmay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James, Think I understand it ok now.

Fatima27
Aspirant
Aspirant
HI I have a problem with the base unit it doesn't want to connect to our Internet router .please help me thank you
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need more details.  For starters, what are the base station LEDs showing?

Fatima27
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well the three first led lights are all green. But afterwards it doesn't show any connectivity in our Arlo app in our phone or in the computer. It all started about 3 days ago the cámaras started recording by themselves, I didn't get any notifications is all weird. Please help me.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base using the power switch.  It may also be useful to open and close all the camera battery doors.