Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station won't connect to internet: light is off anything but Arlo can connect to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
watsontcbc
Aspirant
Aspirant

On 12/14/19 my Arlo cameras quit recording, and this weekend it became clear that the base station has quit connecting to the internet - based on when recording ceased. In trying to get to working, I have followed all of the instructions I could find. I updated my Arlo apps on all my mobile devices when they prompted us to. I am pretty certain I updated the base station firmware. I powered it on and off, I unplugged it and re-powered it. I did a hard reset. IN EVERY CASE the internet light will not light at all - no amber, no green - flashing or otherwise. I tested the cable and it is perfect. I connected my laptop to the cable and turned off wifi connection in order to re-verify the Ethernet function and got the usual fast internet connection I get with my fiber connection on every other ethernet connection in my network. NOTHING WORKS to get this base station to connect. This system worked fine for nearly 3 years, and then this year when they disconnected from Netgear and went independent, I've had nothing but trouble. Arlo "support" is non-existent. As you can probably tell I am quite angry at ARLO. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41371809

arTen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Started about 10 days ago.

Dad05
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine stopped yesterday. I can not get it back online. Should never have done the update!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Dad05 @arTen 

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

watsontcbc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did - they were AWOL. But they picked up my complaint here and set up a case.

arTen
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 45 minutes on the phone with my phone/cable/internet provider they discovered that 2 ethernet ports on their router were not working. My Arlo base station was plugged into one of the bad ports.  They replaced their router and I'm back up and running. 

watsontcbc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS, thanks. I haven't heard from anyone and it's been almost a week already. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @watsontcbc

I have notified the Customer Service team. They will be contacting very soon. Please keep me informed & I will escalate this issue. Thank you for your patience.