Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Pekka15
Tutor
Tutor

Hi!

Suddently (a week ago) the base station lost the contact wit all the 4 cameras. I have restarted averything (the cameras, the base station, the router) several times but nothing helps. Internet is present but the Camera Led on the base station is not green as it should. What could be wrong?

BR/Pekka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pekka15 wrote:

Is it possible to reload the firmware on the base, or something?

You can reset the base to factory settings and set it up again.  Remove it from your account first.  Instructions are here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Pekka15,

Try to sync the cameras again to see if that helps. You can read here to learn how to troubleshoot with your Arlo cameras showing offline: My Arlo wire-free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

Pekka15
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried everything now! Cameras can still not sync with the base. Internet ir definitely present. 

I have restarted and reset the base. Changed the batteries in the cameras. I have resynced the camera several times. Held the cameras very near the base. The camera LED is blinking blue rapidly like it should when syncing but then after that nothing happens. The base stations Camera-LED remains amber. 

Frank-m
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hav had the same system fo 5 months now, the cameras will loose contact with the base station for absolutley no reason (new batteries in all 3 cameras). Customer suppor thas been of no help, I have tried everything they have suggested (reset base to factory, change wifi channel, reset router.....). If I manage to get 1 camera synced, it will disconnect within 24 hours. I was relying on this product to mantain a watch in my property while I am out. You have marketed this product as a "reliable" solution for these needs. So I ask you, what do I need to do to get this working or obtain an exchange from Netgear or if everything else fails, a refund?. Would you give your hard-earned money for an unreliable product?. The thing that gets me is that I have not been given a solution to the problem.  Will there be a reply from Arlo/NetGear to this post?.

Thank You ?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Pekka15 and Frank-m,

IF you still have problems with the cameras not syncing properly with the Base Station,  please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Pekka15
Tutor
Tutor

Hi again! 

I have recently investigated the cameras, they seem to work fine. 

But, the App in the cellular phone says "The Arlo-unit seem to be offline. Check that it is on and connected to Internet." 

Well, so it has been sayin all the time since the problem started. And I know that Internet and the router works. 

I really like this product so I would like to get it working again asap. 

Next I will try contacting the support people, if there is any, unless You guys have any other piece of advice to me???

BR Pekka

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried force closing the app and opening it again as well as trying a web browser? What are the LEDs on the base showing? Are you getting recordings in the library?

Pekka15
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I´ve closed and opened everything. It is the same thing on the web browser.

Leds on the Base station:

Power LED: GREEN

Internet LED: Steady GREEN but blinking periodically 4 times. 

Camera LED:  Steady amber. 

No recordings because the recording can not be started (the Base is offline, according to App and Web browser). Is it possible to reload the firmware on the base, or something?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pekka15 wrote:

Is it possible to reload the firmware on the base, or something?

You can reset the base to factory settings and set it up again.  Remove it from your account first.  Instructions are here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

Frank-m
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, my solution to this problem was to BUY a new base station. Originaly, the package I bought came with a 3500 series base station. After MONTHS of going back an forth with customer support, I decided to not spend any more time with them and just replace the defective base station with a 4000 series one. The original. 3500 series, was working ok untill a S/W update late July , I believe, started the problems with diconnecting from the i-net, cameras connection, cloud recording, etc. I tried for weeks everything they recommended to fix the problem to no avail. The process of exchanging a defective base station is complicated and $$$ (fill this form, wait for approval send the old base station,  give us some $$$, wait a few weeks.....), that I decided to spend the money and get a new one. Their only offer was to downgrade the base a bought (3500) to and older H/W version (3000).  So, lesson learned, I just bought my last Netgear product. Good luck to you all finding a solution. BTW if you need the customer support case(s) numbers for this issues, I will provided to you all so you can see my history with Netgear/Arlo.

Pekka15
Tutor
Tutor

Thank You StephenB!

I did as You recomended, almost. But I could´t find the New System Setup tap. 

After Reset I did removed all the units (base and the cameras) using the web-interface. Then I reconnected and renamed everything again. After that everything works fine! It is recording too. I should have done this for several weeks ago. I still like ARLO 🙂

BR, Pekka

Jeeplover
Star
Star

I have had the same problem, actually several times in the past month or so. The only real fix from Arlo was to remove everything and then factory reset and then re-install the whole system again. I did it three times and it has been fine. Now today, web portal is broken, Android app still works though.