Base Station VMB5000 will not recognize MicroSD Card

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GregKreder
Follower
Follower

The base station will not recognize the MicroSD card I inserted.  In the app - It does not enable storage.   i purchased a ScanDisk Extreme 256GB.  Can anyone provide advice on why,  this is the second MicroSD I purchased and follow the recommendations?  It is a bit frustrating that this simple insert does not work.  I have the VMB5000 with 4 4K Cameras - but the base station will not recognize that inserted an SD card.  I do see in red font ability to format - but it is disabled probably because it not recognizing that there is a storage card inserted.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try formatting it on a computer. One possibility is that there are multiple partitions on the cards with the first one being small and holding Sandisk utilities. Use the computer to delete all partitions and then format it in the hub again. You can use a computer to format it but you'll need a 3rd party FAT32 program to do so.

BrianMcConnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same issue with the same micro SD card. I even tried other micro SD cards I had on hand with no luck. Formatting to FAT32 was the key! Windows 11 doesn’t format to FAT32 within File Explorer so I downloaded EaseUS Partition Master Free Addition. After formatting to FAT32 it worked right away in my Smart Hub. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

You can use a computer to format it but you'll need a 3rd party FAT32 program to do so.

Note it can be done from the windows command line.  But if you aren't comfortable with that, you can use several third party tools (including the free version of EaseUS partition manager).