Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rhon94598
Aspirant
Aspirant

2.18.1(619). June 30/2020—
I sent this message back 2018. Still having the same problem. I cannot get my cameras to go back online unless I physically touch them. This defeats the purpose of having the cameras for when I travel and not at home. What do you suggest? There is no support on the app to reset the base.

Thank you

Rhonda

I have an issue with my arlo system not resetting if it goes offline without having to physically touch the cameras and bases. I bought the cameras for when I travel or not inside my house. This defeats the purpose. Is there any way you can fix this bug. I have experienced this while I am away and it has been an issue for me. I look forward to hearing from someone regarding this issue.
Firmware 1.10.0.9_23037
Hardware VMB3010r2
VMC 3030
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera,VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, you have to determine if it's actually offline. When "offline" what are the LEDs on the base showing? If you have the proper 3 green ones, it may just be a display issue. If so, force close the app or log out and try again. When the "offline" happens to me, that has fixed it nearly 100% of the time, with the rare exception of when the system really is offline.

When you're away from home, consider 1) a UPS for your modem, router and base so a power loss will never happen to your network and 2) a WiFi switch such as a WeMo that the base plugs into. That way you can use the switch to physically turn power off and back on remotely.

Rhon94598
Aspirant
Aspirant
The second light is out .
Internet is working and has been working and no power outages.

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rhon94598 wrote:
The second light is out .
Internet is working and has been working and no power outages.

That LED status means that the base->router ethernet connection isn't working.  

•  Green. The base station is connected to the Internet.
  •  Blinking Green. The base station is sending data over the Internet.
  •  Amber. The base station is connecting to the router but does not have an Internet connection.
  •  Off. The base station is not connected to a router.

1. Is the base ethernet directly connected to the router?  Or are you using powerline or a wifi extender to make the connection?
  2. How do you resolve this now?  Does powering the base station off and then back on resolve it?
  3. How often does it happen?
Rhon94598
Aspirant
Aspirant
First it was offline. The second light was off. So I turned it off & on. Then all 3 lights on and cameras didn’t go on. Hit the reset on the base app one camera went on two Offline and one I can’t remember. I had to physically touch the camera to reset and get it online. So in short I have to physically be at home to get my cameras back online which defeats the purpose of the cameras.
Rhon94598
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To some degree it almost sounds like a router issue (the Internet LED being off). Have you tried a different cable and router port? Have you rebooted your router?