Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Community,

I am in troublems with my ARLO system and need somebody to help me, please.

My base station VMB3010 turned OFFLINE with no reason, interrupting communications with all five cameras (VMC3030).

I have already tried to "turn off / tunr on", also did "factory reset", but the result still the same:

Power LED: solid green (OK, as during normal operation/functioning)

Internet LED: solid green, occasionally a short green flash (OK, as during normal operation/functioning)

Camera LED: solid orange (it was OFF before the factory reset, now always solid orange)

What can I do to resume ONLINE status for the base station?

Thanks for kind help, 

Enzo (enzo_bertola@libero.it) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Dear Tom, Dear Jguerdat,

All is OK, I managed to remove and reinstall base station, sincronysing all cameras accordingly.

Sistem is OK now, and would like  to thank you both, for your timely and professional support in solving this issue.

Best regards

Enzo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you need to RESYNC the cameras....

It can be done manually, just hit the sync button on base quickly ( don't hold ) and then the cam led will flash, hit the camera sync button.

Slow blue on cam to fast means it sync'ed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Tom,

thanks for quick answer. I already did syncr process with 2 cameras, after substituting their batteries. Process went fine, blue led blinking fast on camera together with orange led on base station (Camera LED) for few secs, but after that Camera LED onto base station back to OFF. 

It is as if all is working properly, but base station does not communicate with camerars and shows OFFLINE when checking properties. 

Should I "remove the device" and re-install? Removal looks easy (just a click in my device profile), but insttaling it back ??

Thanks for kind help,

Best regards

Enzo

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Camera LED being off (or amber) means the base needs to be claimed. You can try just claiming the base again to see if that resolves the issue but you may need to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

enzobertola
Tutor
Tutor

Dear Tom, Dear Jguerdat,

All is OK, I managed to remove and reinstall base station, sincronysing all cameras accordingly.

Sistem is OK now, and would like  to thank you both, for your timely and professional support in solving this issue.

Best regards

Enzo

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear

Morse is faster than texting!
Yokosw
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOOOO frustrating! That happens to my same system all the time. Finally unplugged the power to it and had to re-sync everything again. Ready to try a different company. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Yokosw

Please feel free to reach out to our support team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. Arlo Tech Support