Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
tphan
Initiate
Initiate

My base station shows solid green for power/internet/camera. But when I login via the phone or on web browser it won't work. I get "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router". Is the base station defective? I just bought this unit brand new from best buy and can't seem to set it up today at all. Not happy with the product so far. Thought I'd have no problems installing it. My routher shows the base station connected and online.

16 REPLIES 16
tphan
Initiate
Initiate

I also tried to reset the base station and do a power cycle. Rebooted my router and internet modem as well. Same problem

xingbat
Initiate
Initiate

If you have your base station next to a wireless router, try separating them. I had mine initially side by side and I think they might have been interferring. It has worked much better since I separated them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, my base station is a few inches from my router with no problems.  It's worth the attempt to separate them, though.

JRichards
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system was working quite well and now I am having the same problem of my base station having all three solid green lights but shows offline. Can anyone help? 

WadeShuler
Star
Star

I have had weird connection issues since the latest update a few weeks ago. However, I also recently got xfinity, so switching ISP's and modems (which have their own firewall, wifi, etc) makes isolating the issue a bit harder.

Xfinity and Uverse both provide modems that have built in wifi and firewalls. If you have your own wireless router, you want to disable one of the firewalls.

On my xfinity router, I logged in and disabled wifi compeltely, and disabled the firewall completely. All it's job is, is to be a modem. My Linksys router is then the only thing connected to the modem. My entire network runs off my router. A lot of people are un-aware of the double firewall issue. You may open ports in your router (for xbox, or other things) and still have issues because they are still being blocked by the modem provided by your ISP. Also, having another wifi broadcasting is an increased security risk. While they are usually random WPA passwords from your ISP, anything extra is just 1 more route in, reducing your security.

Aside from that, this issue is not just Firefox. It was happening to me with Chrome. As one person around here indicated, there was a recent wave of exploits for flash. It probably prompted an update and killing of the old flash versions. Old cache info in your browser from before this timeframe could be interfering. I have just opened firefox in private browsing mode and logged right into my camera without any issues. Chrome still gives me fits. I don't want to run CCleaner and lose my history and sessions in Chrome just yet, so I will do it later.

Close all your browsers, close everything, restart, open your browser and go to it's options/settings and clear your entire history and cache.

For simplicity, you can use CCleaner and have it clear all your browsers and more. Go into it's options and you will find a checkbox that tells it to ignore anything newer than 24 hours. Uncheck that or it will not clear your cache that is from the past day, so uncheck it to clear everything. Take your time to go through it's settings and make sure everything you want is being cleared. Running CCleaner every week or couple of weeks, will help keep things purring.

To not lose your saved logins, use LastPass or something similar. You should not be using your browser to save your logins anyways, it is not secure. Google and you will find many tools that can easily recover your saved passwords from your browser, viruses can easily do the same. In an instant, every password of yours could be sent to a malicious user.

Rochelle
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for posting this. I've been having fits getting access via Firefox. For awhile IE would work but then it stopped working also. Chrome didn't work either. I took your tip about private browsing in Firefox & it worked! I hope it continues 😉  This has been a very frustrating issue. Thanks again.

JRichards
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still unable to view my cameras and still getting the error message and the base station shows solid green. Are you saying that the message showing base station offline is not actually true, because if you sign in via private browsing on Firefox you are able to view your cameras?
Rochelle
Tutor
Tutor

Exactly right! I've known all along they were actually online, as sometimes I could view them in Internet Explorer. I suspect it's a flash thing. But I do have flash enabled in Firefox & still....it shows it offline. But the private browser thing worked...at least once!   Rochelle

JRichards
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay, do you use the Arlo app on your phone/tablet? Because I get the same message when trying to view either from the app or the computer.
Rochelle
Tutor
Tutor

No, when I use it on my Nexus, using the app, I can always see it. But I'm at my computer a great deal of the time. So it's more convenient by far.

Arlohome
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with the base station. It started with my troubleshooting one wireless camera that suddenly got a pink tint to the view. Looking through the support forum it seems this is not an unusual occurrence.

The steps to troubleshoot the issue are first, remove and replace batteries, if that wont cure it ,try resetting the base station. That was my mistake!!

So now although I get power, internet and camera LED's all lit up I cant see anything through the cameras. Clearing the cache from any browser has no effect. When I log into my account the base station still displays offline. Looks like an e-mail to the support group.

tphan wrote:

My base station shows solid green for power/internet/camera. But when I login via the phone or on web browser it won't work. I get "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router". Is the base station defective? I just bought this unit brand new from best buy and can't seem to set it up today at all. Not happy with the product so far. Thought I'd have no problems installing it. My routher shows the base station connected and online.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlohome,

Are you seeing this same messaging across multiple browser and the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

Indie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the same thing all multiple browsers exactly the same

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Indie,

Are you running any kind of virus/malware protection software? Some users have had issue when using software such as Bitdefender. Try disabling any you may have and see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC

Indie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JAMES, Mac and windows, I phone and android...three of us are logged in to view our Dads camera we all get the same at the same time from multiple browsers. I changed the base station I had two, reconnected the camera everything worked fine all 5 cameras for 2 days then 1 camera now all cameras are showing off line. At first it would turn on and offline now it's showing all cameras offline
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Indie,

It sounds like the cameras are struggling to maintain a connection with the base station. This could be due to interference or poor signal strength. Consider relocating the base station (as far away from other wireless devices as possible) closer to the cameras to further isolate the issue.

JamesC