Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Home setup - does not sync

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ursatz
Initiate
Initiate

Just got an Arlo camera. It will not sync with the base station. I had held the sync button on the base station down for >8 seconds, which caused the USB light to blink, and I read on the forum that you want to just hold the sync button down briefly -- and that the base station could remain in that "USB mode" for 10 minutes. I waited 10 minutes, and also did a reset on the base station.

Still no luck. I've tried multiple times, but when I press the sync button on the base station, the camera sync light (on the base station) never starts blinking. The camera doesn't sync when I press its sync button, of course.

Any ideas?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ursatz
Initiate
Initiate

Solved!! The base station was too close to my router. Moving it just a foot away made it start working. Whew!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ursatz
Initiate
Initiate

Solved!! The base station was too close to my router. Moving it just a foot away made it start working. Whew!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh!  I've had my base a few inches from my router with no issues.  Good catch - maybe we should add that suggestion to our comments for others to try.

wallaceelec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot get base station to scan via wifi...moved away from router more than couple feet.  When i hold scan button only light that will blink is the USB??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's because you're holding the sync button far too long.  Currently, it's only a brief (<1 second) push to activate the sync mode.

LarysaShaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
No lights on camera
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Details. This tells us almost nothing.
LarysaShaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro camera does not SYNC with the base station. I followed all SETUP STEPS... Removed and put back Arlo Pro battery - no lights (any) on camera ...After I press the camera SYNC botton - no lights (any) on camera ... Looks like it doesn't respond to anything ...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LarysaShaw,

It sounds like this could be a battery related issue. Do you see the same behavior if you plug in the camera? Can you complete the sync process without the battery installed?

JamesC

candarissa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I dont know if it was coincidence. But mine connected when I moved it away from my computer router as well, before that the arlo base would not even give me a sync light no matter how many times I pressed the sync button. I ended up pressing it too long and got the USB amber light flashing. I left it for a little while and decided to turn the base off, moved it away from my network router, turned it back on and then followed the steps to sync and it worked first go.